Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Offline - here we go again

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Stevewins
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ever since the last VMB5000 update several days ago, all of my cameras go offline periodically.  Alerts and recordings still work, but often I can’t view the camera after an alert due to this.

9E9B330B-66BF-40DA-B4D4-1849E9A6F715.png

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted the hub?

Lexe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry, no help but just to add I have exactly the same problem since the last update. Worked perfectly fine until then. Tried rebooting, disconnecting and reconnecting etc and nothing made a difference. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since all cameras seem to be going offline at the same time, look for something that is new or changed near your hub that could be interfering with it's connection to the cameras. ALso, what is the hub LED showing when offline?

I have occasionally (not often) seen my hub flashing amber with no known reason for it. I suspect it's either a disruption in the Internet connection to the servers or something about the servers themselves.

Stevewins
Apprentice
Apprentice

The only thing that has changed is the firmware update. This isn’t the first time an update has resulted in this issue. Last time it took months for it to be debugged and corrected. Hopefully it’ll be faster this time.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Firmware updates can always cause problems but this isn't a universal issue (mine works fine). Why it happens to you is a mystery to me so I'm no help. Investigate your environment (including WiFi strength/interference) and contact official support via Settings, Support.

Stevewins
Apprentice
Apprentice

It’s not a universal issue but it’s too common to be caused by the individual users’ Wi-Fi and it usually recurs right after an update. Just when we finally stopped having to climb ladders to recharge batteries due to solar not working in winter, now we have to climb ladders to reset cameras (which doesn’t fix it 99% of the time anyway). 

Serenitynow
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here with same hub. I have 5 cameras: 2 Ultra 2 XLs, 3 Essential Spotlight cams.

One of my Ultra 2s is showing offline right now. I have done nothing in terms of changes in the camera or environment around the camera, or any network devices. One of my essentials was showing offline for a few hours yesterday and then came back.

That seems to be what happens for me at least. Please look into this Arlo. I haven’t made any changes at all on my end.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation