Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mxa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ho bisogno che la notifica di una persona nell'appartamento generi un suono che mi svegli o che si senta mentre sono per strada. Al momento - con i suoni a disposizione su iOS - se una persona entrasse nell'appartamento me ne accorgerei ore dopo: completamente inutile e inaccettabile.

Qualcuno ha trovato un sistema per risolvere il problema? Non penso di essere l'unico con questa esigenza. Sono molto contento di Arlo, ma questo problema sta diventando un motivo per cercare qualcosa d'altro.

Grazie.

Marco

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mxa wrote:

Ho bisogno che la notifica di una persona nell'appartamento generi un suono che mi svegli o che si senta mentre sono per strada.

Do you see "Library" at the bottom of your app screen?  Or do you see "Feed" and "Dashboard" instead.  I don't know how this is translated, but the user interface with "Library" has 4 choices, the one with "Feed" has 5.

If you have "Feed", then

1. select the profile icon in the upper left
  2. select notifications
  3. select notification tone

That will give you a couple more options for tones.

mxa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen.

(Sorry, I thought my post would go to the Italian forum ...)

My need is to be notified when I am sleeping or when I am in a noisy place (say, in the street or in the car).  It's not a matter of tones, it's a matter of loudness and duration. The tones available right now are too short and not loud enough, and by a long shot. If a notification of the presence of someone in the apartment were sent to my iPhone by Arlo, most likely would I notice it hours later purely by accident. Personally, I find the whole thing useless.

Am I really the only one who has such a need? I find it rather basic.

Cheers

Marco

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mxa wrote:

My need is to be notified when I am sleeping or when I am in a noisy place (say, in the street or in the car).  It's not a matter of tones, it's a matter of loudness and duration. The tones available right now are too short and not loud enough

Have you tried the Arlo-supplied ones?  They were developed in response to people complaining about not hearing the default iOS sound.

mxa
Aspirant
Aspirant

What is in "The tones available right now are too short and not loud enough" that you did not understand?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mxa wrote:

What is in "The tones available right now are too short and not loud enough" that you did not understand?

You didn't actually say you tried the Arlo-supplied ones, so I was thinking you might have meant the default Apple ones.

Anyway, those are the only options Arlo has.  It'd be nice they let you upload your own,but they haven't provided that feature.

FWIW, I don't work for Arlo.  This is a user-to-user forum.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation