Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No 4K recording with Arlo Secure as promised on February 3rd

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
KYghetto
Tutor
Tutor

It was my understanding that as of Feb 3, ALL Arlo Secure plans would include 4K cloud recording. Well, as of this post, my Ultra 2's are still recording at 2K on Arlo Secure. I also noted my LOCAL storage recording capability was reduced to 2K sometime within the last few days as well.

I had recently downgraded from Secure Plus to Secure based on the email Arlo sent in early January which stated those with Ultra's could step down from Plus and still get 4K cloud recording, as I didn't need the additional features that Plus offered (just the 4K cloud recording). Thought this would happen on February 3rd, it didn't. Now it's the 5th and guess what, still no 4K!

What's up Arlo, more smoke and mirrors?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud fix was released that should resolve this issue. Please let us know if you continue experiencing this behavior.

JamesC

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KYghetto wrote:

I had recently downgraded from Secure Plus to Secure based on the email Arlo sent in early January which stated those with Ultra's could step down from Plus and still get 4K cloud recording, as I didn't need the additional features that Plus offered (just the 4K cloud recording). Thought this would happen on February 3rd, it didn't. Now it's the 5th and guess what, still no 4K!

Where are you located? The 4K recording with Secure is limited to the US.  

The early communications definitely were lacking, and there still are details in the EoL articles that aren't clear.  For instance, whether any base stations will go EoL when the cameras do.

KYghetto
Tutor
Tutor

Located in the US.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KYghetto wrote:

Located in the US.

Then you should be getting 4K.  I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) so they can comment.

KYghetto
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've escalated the details of this discussion and will provide a status update as soon as I have more information available to share.

JamesC

Ryanmcd
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just signed back up for the basic 4k cloud for I think 12.xx a month but it's only 2k, was going to pay the full year to save a little money but I wanted to see if it's 4k or not, it was in the past and I am in USA / Georgia.

Arlogenus
Apprentice
Apprentice

Was told a month ago, the new plans ALL support 4k recording.  Was confirmed again from Arlo that All subscription plans provide 4 k recording.  Switched to the lower plan yesterday and viola only get 2k recordings as of today.  Called back in and their story changed from the two previous discussions with reps.  Can these jack@sses get anything right?  If I didn't have so much invested in this hardware, I would dump this inept company's products faster than a case of the flu.

hhzhao
Star
Star

I have switched subscription plans from Arlo Secure Plus to Arlo Secure Multi-Camera annual plan. According Arlo's new plans email announcement, both plans should have 4K cloud recording now. I have Ultra 2 cameras, and had 4K cloud recording before the switch, now I am only see 2K recording on the cloud. What is happening?

KYghetto
Tutor
Tutor

Any updates on this?

At this point, I think the right thing for Arlo to do is bump everyone with Ultra/Ultra 2 cams up to Secure Plus (at no additional cost) until this can be sorted out and Secure can deliver 4K recording, as was supposed to occur on 2/3/23.

I find it amusing (NOT) that the price increase was able to occur on time without a hitch...

Prior to this, I was considering the annual subscription to Secure to save a few bucks over the monthly billing, but now feel this company simply cannot be trusted to deliver as promised.

Also, I assume in the Feb 2nd firmware update of my VMB5000, they have lowered LOCAL storage capability (whether or not I'm connected/subscribed to the cloud) to 2K as well. NOT happy Arlo.

WHEN can we expect a fix for this?

Arlogenus
Apprentice
Apprentice

Under new pricing structure was told Arlo secure is 4 k recording about a month ago by Arlo.  Called last night to confirm and they said yes, Arlo secure is most definitely 4 k recording.  Changed plans and viola today all is 2k instead of 4k.  Called in and Arlo told me the two previous reps were wrong will be 2k.  Posted my dissatisfaction in here.  10 mins later another rep called ME  and told me it should be 4k in the US under Arlo secure and asked me to upload a 2k video and they would fix this technical issue as 4k if the resolution on the Arlo secure plan.  4 hours later I called in an update and was told secure plan is only 2k...  What in the hell is going on in this company?  Again, if not for my hardware, I would drop Arlo for all the games they play.  Worse customer service EVER!

Arlogenus
Apprentice
Apprentice

Also located in the US

Arlogenus
Apprentice
Apprentice

Half of the Arlo reps tell me it should be 4k for new secure plan and the other half say no.  How and I mean how can a company mess this up SO BAD?

Arlogenus
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo never and I mean NEVER provides upgrades or exceptions.  The guys from India will bounce you around on the phone for hours and you will never get anywhere with refunds or complimentary anything.  They don't listen either because of language barriers or they simply don't care.  Not sure which is the case but in the end, this company is really substandard in operations. 

Arlogenus
Apprentice
Apprentice

This screenshot is taken DIRECLTY from Arlo's website this morning.  Arlo, you notice the 4K recording on ALL plans, right, as clearly advertised?  Please Arlo, reconsider these so called technical support people who you are repeatedly told DONT help.  You have to repeatedly restate the issue to them and polite as they are, they simply don't cut it for even the most casual of customer.   As a long time customer who REALLY wants you to succeed, you should be the leader in camera technology given your longevity and experience, why is this ALWAYS such a hassle with your change management with either plan changes or software upgrades.  You should be building bragging rights not negative reviews.  As much as I have been in your corner for years, sometimes you have to listen as well as you hear......I have certainly given you fair feedback to this end.....

Arlo Camera Plans Screenshot 2-9-2023.jpg

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud fix was released that should resolve this issue. Please let us know if you continue experiencing this behavior.

JamesC

KYghetto
Tutor
Tutor

Nothing has changed, still NOT getting 4K recording on my Ultra 2's.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KYghetto wrote:

Also, I assume in the Feb 2nd firmware update of my VMB5000, they have lowered LOCAL storage capability (whether or not I'm connected/subscribed to the cloud) to 2K as well. NOT happy Arlo.

If you have a subscription, the resolution of local storage is matched to the resolution of cloud storage.  So it would be 2K.

It might be worth restarting the base, and see if the 4K resolution comes back. It's possible that will trigger whatever fix Arlo applied to their cloud.

Ryanmcd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Almost time for a Costco return as it still is in 4k, now recording local is 2k and before I singed up was 4k.  Is this a small company with 5-10 people running? 

Arlogenus
Apprentice
Apprentice

Nothing is fixed still 2k recordings on my Ultra cameras.

Ryanmcd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Getting 4k now, I did cancel and re-subscribe though.

Arlogenus
Apprentice
Apprentice

They fixed it.  4k now.  I hope Arlo learns something from this.  Manage your s#@t and don't make excuses.  Have your reps know what they talking about. 

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation