Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Multiple Homes

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ephemeral
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have two homes with 10 cameras total and I expect to add more cameras. I have read all the backs of using multiple accounts and granting access.

I feel this is an overlooked use case and the hacks don’t solve for the issues well.

I want to mute notifications for a house I rent as a short term rental while I have guests but want to still get notifications for my other home. I do not want to switch accounts back and forth on my phone.

There really should be a way to manage homes like the nest app does and put all features under the hierarchy of the home.
3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Ephemeral,

You can try using custom modes where you can choose which cameras you want to receive push notifications or not. You can read more about it here: 

Ephemeral
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the reply. Modes allow disarming a group of cameras, but I’m not looking to do that. I still want the cameras to remain armed and record when they detect motion. I just don’t want to get the notification. If I mute notifications, it is done globally and I will not be able to receive notifications, which I want to receive, from the cameras in the other house.
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Ephemeral wrote:
Thanks for the reply. Modes allow disarming a group of cameras, but I’m not looking to do that. I still want the cameras to remain armed and record when they detect motion. I just don’t want to get the notification. If I mute notifications, it is done globally and I will not be able to receive notifications, which I want to receive, from the cameras in the other house.

The notifications for a certain camera is a rule setting under your active mode. You can have some cam notification on and some off. This will not disarm the camera. You should read the link she sent again to explain. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation