Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
thor_ultra2
Guide
Guide

Hi Folks,

My motion detection on my Ultra 2 (1 out of 4) stopped working the 5 days ago. Other cameras are working fine and I am recording locally.

I have tried cycling the power several times (removing battery), re-syncing, hard reset (hold sync button for 15 secs until blinking amber), and repairing with my hub. In each of those times, I could not get my motion sensor to work, i.e. blinking amber light.

Could my sensor be toast? The amber LED works fine because when I do a factor reset, it lights up. I bought my Ultra 2s less than two years ago.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you live view? That proves the image sensor works but doesn't test the PIR (passive IR) sensor used for motion detection. I'm just wondering if anything is working on the camera. You can try carefully cleaning the camera face to verify that there's nothing blocking the PIR sensor.

thor_ultra2
Guide
Guide

Hey Guru,

Thank you for the response! 

Yes live view does work. Everything on the camera works. I did wipe down the camera face with my shirt. It seems relatively clean. How do I go about testing the PIR sensor?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@thor_ultra2 wrote:

How do I go about testing the PIR sensor?

Use the motion detection test.

thor_ultra2
Guide
Guide

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing the link. I tried the method described in the link. Seems like the PIR sensor is toast?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@thor_ultra2 wrote:

Thanks for sharing the link. I tried the method described in the link. Seems like the PIR sensor is toast?

If it fails the test, it likely is.  Sometimes the factory reset will resolve issues, but you've already done that w/o success.

Very much a pain, but the camera might still be of some use - it can be cross-triggered when motion is detected by another camera, and likely audio detection still works.  

Of course if the camera is under warranty, then you should contact support and ask for an RMA.  The normal warranty is 12 months, but if you are in Europe and have an Arlo Secure Plus subscriptoin that is extended to 24 months.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation