Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Looking for wireless camera capable up to 4k video, have storage, etc.?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
QuickQ
Aspirant
Aspirant

(pro 4 was not selectable in devices)

I am looking for a wireless camera system capable of up to 4k video, can have wired and wireless cameras (indoor/outdoor). 

Must include storage on board the camera/in the "dock" like arlo has, that can rewrite over itself as memory fills (so if i want more than lets say 7 days storage I can increase the storage size of the SD card, SSD or other USB device connected)

Must be compatible with Apple iCloud storage instead of the preferred cloud storage. I do not want to pay for a 2nd cloud subscription and Apple is significantly cheaper than any smart camera storage I've seen and works with many other products I'm using.

Can interact with other smart devices on my network through homekit or similar software.

Does Arlo fit the bill?

2 REPLIES 2
dcfox1
Master
Master

You can Locally record to a Smart Hub the camera communicates with. As for Cloud storage you would need to use Arlo's with a subscription. They are compatible with Homekit but I have never used it. You can read the Product page for details on each camera and also the FAQ in each cams forum. The only one's in 4K are the Ultra and the newer Ultra 2. The Pro3 and Pro4 are 2K. 

QuickQ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dang, thank you. Still researching and I stumbled upon something called "Homekit Secure video" it seems finding the list of devices compatible with this and then narrowing down with my other criteria will be the best way for me to find potential options.

Thanks!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation