Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
keislee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Local recording not work

I have a VMB5000 Ultra SmartHub running firmware 1.24.1.0_1614_3a032bd. I also have two Arlo Ultra 2 (H10 4k) cameras and one Arlo Video Doorbell ). 

it happened since mid Jul 2023, the VMB5000 base station is no longer recording any videos locally to the SD card and even can’t download the video clips that has recorded before. I dun have any subscription plan but just previously able to record the video to hub/sd card when motion sensor was triggered. 

what is going on? I have format the sd card, reboot the hub, remove and reinstall the cams but still the same. Please advise and thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's possible that you will need to remove and reinstall your hub and cameras to fix this. Have you ejected the drive from the hub to check for recordings on a computer?

keislee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have hard reset the hub today and remove all cams and doorbell today. Everything work well but just seems the hub cannot write to the SD card. 
motion sensor has been triggered but video cannot record. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you format the drive while inserted in the hub? A key factor is that the drive must be formatted to FAT32 - other formats don't work. Also, try a different drive. Remember that local recordings must be reenabled after resetting the hub.

keislee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have formatted the sd card by the hub again. It stated format completed but duno why it still cannot record the video to the card. So weird and I have searched related post in this forum. It seems OS issue? Do anyone have this experience and able to solve. The cam will become useless if can’t write on SD for record

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You haven't answered as to whether you have ejected the drive to view on a computer or have tried a different card. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation