Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Local Recordings not showing in library Arlo Ultra 2

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
handelbiz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello everyone,

I have a setup consisting of a Base station 1.21.1.0_4302_9611cf3 and hardware VMB4000r4, along with 4 cameras: 2x Arlo Pro, 1x Arlo Pro 2, and 1x Arlo Ultra 2. Currently, I do not have an active subscription.

I've noticed that when motion is detected, the local recordings from the Arlo Ultra 2 camera are not showing up in the library. However, recordings from the other Arlo cameras are still appearing as usual.

If I recall correctly, this issue started occurring after a firmware update. However, I might be mistaken,

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any insights or suggestions on how to resolve it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@handelbiz wrote:

the recordings are for sure saved on usb drive. I checked it  but unfortunatelly not the recordings from Ultra2

Check the mode you are using - look for a rule for the Ultra 2 that tells it to record.

But that will just get recordings on the USB drive - you still won't see them in the app or my.arlo.com.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
NEPAJim
Initiate
Initiate

Local recordings are not showing up on my app reliably starting this morning.  It seems that they are coming through but sometimes up to an hour later.

I also noticed that the thumbnails in my notifications on Android are not coming through consistently.

Live streaming from the cameras works fine so I don't believe it's a network connection issue at my house.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@handelbiz wrote:

I have a setup consisting of a Base station 1.21.1.0_4302_9611cf3 and hardware VMB4000r4, along with 4 cameras: 2x Arlo Pro, 1x Arlo Pro 2, and 1x Arlo Ultra 2. Currently, I do not have an active subscription.

I've noticed that when motion is detected, the local recordings from the Arlo Ultra 2 camera are not showing up in the library. However, recordings from the other Arlo cameras are still appearing as usual.

If I recall correctly, this issue started occurring after a firmware update. However, I might be mistaken,

This is expected behavior, and has nothing to do with a firmware update.  It started when the trial subscription for the Ultra expired.

The recordings you are seeing in the library for the Pro and Pro 2 are actually stored in the Arlo cloud - they are not local recordings.  Both camera models were sold with 7 days of free cloud storage.  The Ultra wasn't sold with that, and requires a subscription for cloud storage.

While your VMB4000 base does support local recording, it does NOT support playback of those recordings.  The only way to see the local recordings with your base is to eject the storage from the app, then connect the storage to a PC.  Then look for the recordings on the USB drive using the normal PC tools (File Explorer in the case of Windows).

The simplest option is to get  single-camera Arlo Secure subscription for the Ultra.

Another option is to replace the base with a VMB4540 or VMB5000, and use the direct access to local storage feature of those bases.  

That feature doesn't provide a very good user experience - but there are people here who use it instead of a subscription.

handelbiz
Aspirant
Aspirant

the recordings are for sure saved on usb drive. I checked it  but unfortunatelly not the recordings from Ultra2

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@handelbiz wrote:

Check the mode you are using - look for a rule for the Ultra 2 that tells it to record.

But that will just get recordings on the USB drive - you still won't see them in the app or my.arlo.com.

handelbiz
Aspirant
Aspirant

thank you! There is no any possiblity to see them in app?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@handelbiz wrote:

thank you! There is no any possiblity to see them in app?

Not with a VMB4000.

You could purchase a VMB4540 or a VMB5000 and use the direct access to local storage feature.

It's not a great experience (a lot of limitations), but there are folks who use that instead of a subscription.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation