Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Is it possible to have more then one arlo system on one account?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Pablop
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I access multiple arlo systems from one account?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You either need to log out of one and then into another or use Grant Access on the old user interface (UI) that uses Library to view recordings or People in the new UI that uses Feed from any other account to yours.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Pablop wrote:

How do I access multiple arlo systems from one account?

Can you explain a bit more what you mean by "multiple systems"?

Are they

• Cameras at multiple locations that you own?
  • Multiple base stations at one location
  • Systems that friends, family, or businesses want you to access?
  • ???
Pablop
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your response.  We have multiple properties with Arlo ultra 2 systems.  So we would like to be able to see all the systems under the one email address and arlo account.  Thanks again for your help.  Paul

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Pablop wrote:

Thank you for your response.  We have multiple properties with Arlo ultra 2 systems.  So we would like to be able to see all the systems under the one email address and arlo account.  Thanks again for your help.  Paul

You have two options.

One is to use the "friend" account feature to share the cameras to one of your existing accounts.  You'd be able to see all the cameras and recordings, and change the modes.  There are some settings that you'd need to access from the primary account for the camera. Instructions are here:

This won't work if you use direct access to local storage instead of a subscription, since access to local storage isn't shared. If you use this approach, I recommend accepting the invites on a PC.  Click on "create account" - that will open the browser to my.arlo.com.  From there, log into the account that is accepting the invite (no need to create a new one).

The other approach is more work, and would require you to be at each property to use it.  That is to create a new account - which will use the new "Feed" interface.  "Feed" has direct support for locations, so you would be able to set up one location per property.  You'd remove the cameras and smarthubs from the account you are using now for that property, and then add them back to the appropriate location in the new account.  You will also need to cancel any subscriptions in the original account, and resubscribe in the new one.   (You will need one subscription for each location).

While you can migrate existing accounts to "Feed", I suggest that you NOT do that, as there is no way to migrate back to Library if you aren't happy with it.  If you create a new account, then you can go back to Library by just adding the cameras back to the original account.

"Feed" still has some issues (which is why everyone hasn't been migrated to it yet).  One limitation is that it doesn't have custom modes.  There are three built-in ones ("Armed Home" "Armed Away" and "Standby").  You can modify what those modes do,  but you cannot add more.  Another issue is that the combination of geofencing+scheduling doesn't quite work - so you'd need to manually change modes sometimes  if you need that combination.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation