Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is Ultra 2 best option for me? Should I also buy extra accessories or other mounts?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Faisalaseeri
Follower
Follower

Hi Arlo community,
My name is Faisal, and I'm from Saudi Arabia, its my first time to purchase a security camera ever, and i was wondering if this (ARLO ULTRA 2 4K UHD) would be the best option, and i founded an offer at device deal ( https://www.devicedeal.com.au/arlo-ultra-4k-uhd-wire-free-security-camera-system~153866 ) so my other question is, due to the costing shipping fees, i dont want to buy any other item in the future, ist enough to the set in the link above, or do u recommend to have some extra accessories to ship it at once, and ist easy to mount it on the roof or do i need to perches a roof mount as well, and as far as what i understood, that no need for a cable to connect, and howmuch if a distance does it cover as a wifi signel from the router.

Thanks alot
Faisal

2 REPLIES 2
dcfox1
Master
Master

You should start by reading the FAQ here narrow things down on you situation.  The smart subscription for cloud recordings and other features is not available in your county that may be a deal breaker. You can use local storage on the Smart Hub but it has limitations. Also the cams connect to your hub and the hub connects to your router by a Ethernet cable.  Just remember they are battery so if a lot of activity you may need AC connected.  I would add more but not sure if  the no cloud recordings may be a deal breaker at the start for you. But again read the FAQ here pinned at the top. Also you should remove your personal information in your post to avoid spam. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Faisalaseeri wrote:
I'm from Saudi Arabia,

Arlo doesn't offer subscriptions in Saudi Arabia ( https://kb.arlo.com/000062249/Where-is-Arlo-Smart-available ).  While you can get some functionality without a subscription, it is quite limited.  Personally I suggest looking at other solutions.  Though some have managed to work around the subscription issue by using a vpn that terminates in a country where subscriptions are available.

@Faisalaseeri wrote:
 i dont want to buy any other item in the future, ist enough to the set in the link above, or do u recommend to have some extra accessories to ship it at once, and ist easy to mount it on the roof or do i need to perches a roof mount as well, and as far as what i understood, that no need for a cable to connect, and howmuch if a distance does it cover as a wifi signel from the router.

If you proceed despite the lack of subscriptions, then it would be a good idea to get a spare charger.  Arlo solar panels are one option that would be useful, as it would eliminate the need to bring down the cameras for charging. 

As far as WiFi range, that does depend on the amount of interference and what is between the camera and the base station.  Arlo says a max of 90 meters - but that is under ideal conditions.  

The max operating temperature is 45C, which might be a problem for you. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation