Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Internal Error naming Base station (VMB5000)

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rseibert76
Aspirant
Aspirant

A few days ago our entire system went offline and now I cannot reconnect my base station.  I have performed a factory reset numerous times, all resulting in a soldi blue light.  The mobile app finds the basestation but I receive an internal error when trying to name it.  The web app on my computer will not see the base station at all.  

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rseibert76,

When trying to claim the base station using the web client on your PC, what happens  (any error messages)? Is your PC connected to the same network as the base station?

JamesC

Rseibert76
Aspirant
Aspirant

The mobile app and desktop pc are on the same wireless network that has been setup from the router that is physically connected to the router.   No error message, just says cannot find any devices.

t_twiss
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue for the past week with my ARLO Pro.  I seemed to happen shortly after an app update.  Please revert back to the previous version. 

I have a blue light on the base station, but it won't connect.  The rare instances it does recognize the base station, when I try to name the base station it gives me an internal error message.

I have tried everything - Uninstalling/Reinstalling the app on my phone, Trying to install using PC,  changed the port for the network cable, Reset base station, rebooted router, bought new base station , and I am still having the same issue. 

Rseibert76
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here is what I had to do to get everything working again (Thanks to the support from the App).  I unplugged the Homebase for 30 seconds.  Plugged it back in, once power cycled then I did a factory restart by pushing in the rest button for 15 seconds and let it power cycle.  Then had to turn off my home VPN and disable Bluetooth on my phone (Not sure if Bluetooth was necessary) and then home station connected.  I unfortunately lost all cameras and settings but at least the home station is working.  

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation