Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ideas for fixing a busted bracket

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
R13
Aspirant
Aspirant

The piece on back of my #Arlo Pro 2  Essential Spotlight used for the screw mounting has come out and no longer  stays in for mounting. Any suggestions on how to fix this? I’ve tried tapping it back in place, but once screwed into mount seems fine then next day find it’s fallen out. I’ve also tried a little bit of superglue and no success. Any suggestions or experience with this and found a solution?

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's supposed to be a press fit so it would seem that enough plastic has been removed from the hole to not allow that to work. Instead of superglue, I'd try an epoxy instead. Superglue is too thin to be able to fill the voids.

You could also use the app to go to Settings, Support. Select your camera and scroll down to Contacts to see if official support may be able to send you a new case. Be aware that you said you had a Pro 2 Essential Spotlight which doesn't exist. The Pro 2 is very old and doesn't have a spotlight while there are spotlight models for both the Essential and Essential Gen. 2 lines.

R13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the clarification and yes I was incorrect, it’s a Arlo Essential Spotlight camera. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation