Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IO error, error writing to sd card

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Ablonski
Aspirant
Aspirant

I upgraded to ultra2 system with hub. I installed sd card and was working great for 3 days however yesterday it stopped. It was showing io error - error writing to the card. I removed nad reinserted the card, restarted the base but it is still showing same problem. I can access videos which are on the card but cannot record new ones. In the app it is showing that card is not entered (while I can find videos in the library). On forum same problem was resolved in December by firmware update however I am on up to date 1.21 and still have the problem. Any idea? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ablonski
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. It seems it worked, does it mean however that every 512 files I have to manually delete the file? Is it problem with just new firmware or is it long existing issue? I couldn't find thread discussing this 512 files limit. Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A workaround has been mentioned that may work for you:

Plug the drive into a computer. Check the various numbered folders to see how many files are in each. If greater than 512 (seems like an arbitrary number) delete files to get to 512. Apparently there can be 513 which somehow causes the issue. After deleting to get to 512 in each folder, it should work again.

Ablonski
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. It seems it worked, does it mean however that every 512 files I have to manually delete the file? Is it problem with just new firmware or is it long existing issue? I couldn't find thread discussing this 512 files limit. Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It appears to be a new issue, I assume due to a firmware issue. You only need to delete the 513th file if the problem shows up again. My system doesn't seem to have the problem but...

Ablonski
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. Hopefully arlo is going to address with next firmware update

jsGuBean
Tutor
Tutor
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation