Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I stopped a subscription today and suddenly my ultra no longer records

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Carolwhite725
Apprentice
Apprentice

I stopped a subscription today after many years and suddenly my ultra2 no longer records. Councidence?

9 REPLIES 9
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

I don’t think it’s coincidence that the ultra2 camera needs to have a paid subscription plan to record to the arlo cloud storage.

Why did you stop the subscription?

Carolwhite725
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have had an arlo subscription for at least three years. When I cancelled last week, the newest camera (Ultra 2) stopped recording or functioning at all. I am told that I am no longer entitled to any personal assistance. I reset the base station and now none of the cameras work at all. This is a total rip. Could anyone tell me how I can access this paid for many times over base station VMB 4000 so that maybe it could record locally, please?

Carolwhite725
Apprentice
Apprentice

DannyBearAgain, Thank you so much for responding. Could you please tell me how if there is any way to re-enable my base station 4000 so that I can record locally because now none of my cameras work. I would really appreciate it.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

What models are the other cameras? If they are pro2 or earlier they should have the legacy 7days cloud storage they were bundle with.

what subscription plan did you have, we’re all your cameras covered in the same plan? 

The vmb4000 Base station does support local backup storage of your triggered recordings but the storage device needs to be ejected and put into a pc for the recordings to be viewed.

Carolwhite725
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have three pro 2 and one ultra 2. All four were working in arlo secure, then arlo safe. I reset the base station vmb4000 and now the app cannot find it as of this morning 4/7. 

Carolwhite725
Apprentice
Apprentice

PS Thank you

Carolwhite725
Apprentice
Apprentice

Also, have a Mac

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When you reset the base, assuming you held the button until the LEDs flashed amber, you must also remove the base and any cameras connected to it from your account in Settings, My Devices before you can add them back in.

Carolwhite725
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, did that. Attempting re-add now. Think base station may be there. Having trouble now not getting account authentication. Plug, unplug, reset, change pwd, will do what is nec. Thank you.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation