Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I can connect via my hard wired laptop, but my wirless android can't see the base VMB5000

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I just received and started setting my my 2 camera Ultra 2 kit with VMB5000 base station.

I got my laptop to connect and see the base and 2 cameras.   The laptop is connected to the router via RJ45 port 1 and the VMB5000 base is connected via RJ45 to the same router in port 2.  All good here

My android phone (using the Arlo App) starts the device search and never finds the VMB5000 base.  I've tried connecting to the 2.4G and the 5G on the router....both time out when searching.

A

ny ideas- guessing its a NetGear router setting C7000v2, BUT the IP assigned to the phone is in the same network/subnet as the laptop and base?

Is there an Arlo customer support number?  Can't find anything that still works since Oct. 2021

Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Happy New Year ALL!

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

My android phone (using the Arlo App) starts the device search and never finds the VMB5000 base.  I've tried connecting to the 2.4G and the 5G on the router....both time out when searching.

Why are you doing this?  The cameras are already in your account (and cannot be added to another account).  If you use the same account credentials as you used on the laptop, the cameras should just show up.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation