Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to kill trial subscription and switch to paid one

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MMasta
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I made a mistake of paying for a subscription without removed the cameras from the trial. Now they all run on trial subscription and there is no way to convert them to the paid one.

Some articles mention that this can be done via Settings - > Subscription in the web app, but such option doesn't exist.

Is there another way to do it?

The trial subscription doesn't give me an option to record in 4k. So basically I paid today and have to wait 3 months to be able to use it. I can't believe that somebody released a system, which is so broken.

Thanks and regards

M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The missing record and snapshot buttons do go missing in 4K.

refer notes in previous article.

• When you use 4K Local Live Streaming, the Record and Snapshot buttons will not be available.

As to the person responsible for software design, I could never figure this out either.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master
MMasta
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought Arlo Secure Plus thinking that 4K recording was not available on trial.

Here is what's happening:

• On the web app I can't see any 4k options. I can only view or record the video in 1080.
  • On a mobile app (both iOS and Android) I can view 4K, but can't record it.

All cameras show to be on trial instead of the paid subscription and there are no options to change it.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The web browser may not be able to playback the high resolution.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062127/How-do-I-stream-in-4K-with-my-Arlo-Ultra-camera 

Not sure why the trial subscription is still showing as it normally was removed once you purchased a plan. Management of the subscription is usually only from the arlo website login, not the app.

MMasta
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, it may be a browser limitation indeed.

But in the mobile apps the record button is gone, so I can't record in 4K either.

Also there is no option anywhere in the web app (or mobile apps) to manage subscriptions. I can only cancel the paid one (which would just cost me $180 for nothing). Who designs this software?

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The missing record and snapshot buttons do go missing in 4K.

refer notes in previous article.

• When you use 4K Local Live Streaming, the Record and Snapshot buttons will not be available.

As to the person responsible for software design, I could never figure this out either.

MMasta
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, thanks for clarification. I was aware about the limitation but I guess I expected that the view will stop when the recording starts, not that the button is gone completely. I’m probably giving too much credit to Arlo software developers.

As for the trial - I guess I need to fumble my way through the rest of it and perhaps it will magically sort itself out.

Pretty poor for a $2.2k setup, but it’s too late for me to change my mind.

Thanks again for your help

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation