Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to determine an ARLO Model

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
rdilauro
Luminary
Luminary

I've personally installed/mounted almost every ARLO Ultra or ARLO Go2 cameras for our club now.  We are up to 12 and I just purchased 3 more.   There are 2 ARLO cameras down at our waterfront that I am not completely sure what.

The serial number of one of those is  A2R1997BC2B46  Hardware H6.

What is different under Settings, my ARLO Ultra camera are pointed to Left and I  know they are Ultras.  The other cameras are pointed to the Right and are stubbier with the camera eye in the middle.

I can try to get down to the lake front to check this out, but right now, I'm using a walker because my replaced hip is acting up.

I am going to go through all the ARLO cameras to see if I can pick out which one they are.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rdilauro
Luminary
Luminary

Stephen,  Thanks

Saved me from making a mistake.

I just ordered two replacement batteries and charge specifically for the Pro/Pro2 Cameras

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
rdilauro
Luminary
Luminary

From looking at photos, I think the cameras may be ARLO Pro2.   But if they are, I still can connect and manage them through the base station I am using for my ULTRAs   Should that be ok?

On my settings, I have an ARLO Marina Base station that is managing all my ULTRAs and these two cameras.

But underneath that I have a Marina with RED broadcast signals.  That I can not get any device info on.   I do know that they installed a WiFi repeater at the lakefront to reach our club house.  Dont know if that could be it.

Dannybear
Master
Master
I don’t have a vmb5000 Base station but the vmb4000 has a siren that shows up with the (((o))) symbol.
The ultra base does not have a siren but the cameras do. Try renaming them to something more meaningful.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rdilauro wrote:

From looking at photos, I think the cameras may be ARLO Pro2.   

One way to be certain is to open the cameras.  There should be a VMCxxxxx part number in there - often behind the battery.  It could also be a Pro I guess.  Here's a comparison photo:

arlo-pro-vs-arlo-pro-2-1.jpg

@rdilauro wrote:

But if they are, I still can connect and manage them through the base station I am using for my ULTRAs   Should that be ok?

Yes.  Any base compatible with the Ultras is compatible with all other Arlo cameras.

@rdilauro wrote:

On my settings, I have an ARLO Marina Base station that is managing all my ULTRAs and these two cameras.

But underneath that I have a Marina with RED broadcast signals.  

I agree with @Dannybear - that sounds like the base is a VMB4000 or VMB4500 model.  There should be a part number on it.  Both have an integrated siren (though the VMB4000 siren sounds louder, since there are no vents in the VMB4500 case). 

Not sure why Arlo decided to list it twice in the device list - IMO a needlessly confusing decision.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Look at pictures under settings... for each cam is a small pic and it is easy to see the black or white bezel

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
rdilauro
Luminary
Luminary

Looks like its a Pro2

ARLO Pro2.jpg
rdilauro
Luminary
Luminary

Vs the ARLO Ultra

Previous post had the PRO and this one the ULTRA

I tried to upload two images to one post, but couldnt figure out how to do that. It gave me only one upload

Ultra.jpg
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Pic posted is a PRO   ( due to black bezel )

Morse is faster than texting!
rdilauro
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks,

For what I have read the Pro2 can use the same battery that the Ultra's have.

I hope so, because I have about 12 spare Ulta batteries for our configuration and hoping I dont have to purchase additional batteries for the Pro2

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Your icon is a Pro (black edge), not a Pro 2 (white edge).  Does the camera itself look different from the icon?

@rdilauro wrote:

For what I have read the Pro2 can use the same battery that the Ultra's have.

No - the Pro and Pro 2 use the same battery - and that is not the same as the Ultra/Pro 3/Pro 4 battery.   

BTW, the batteries are different sizes, and have the connectors in different places.  The Pro/Pro2 batteries won't fit in the Arlo charger (not sure about your third party one), and the batteries can't be inserted into the wrong cameras.

rdilauro
Luminary
Luminary

Stephen,  Thanks

Saved me from making a mistake.

I just ordered two replacement batteries and charge specifically for the Pro/Pro2 Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation