Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to cancel free trial (I have a 60 day retention (secure plus) subscription)

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Blacktip75
Guide
Guide

Hi, just got an additional ultra 2 for my setup however it enrolled itself into a free trial subscription with 30 day retention... I already have a secure plus subscription with 60 day retention so want to cancel the free trial and use my subscription.

For the life of me I can't find how to do this. Under subscriptions the free trial does not show, however I cannot drag the new camera into the subscription as it already has a trial subscription. If I hit cancel subscription only my own subscription shows up which I don't want to cancel.

I want to avoid losing the new video's after 30 days and avoid losing all video's after the trial ends and I switch subscription (perhaps this last part does not happen)

Probably just missing something obvious, then again I have been using Arlo for a few years so don't rule out a silly software implementation either 🙂 

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Blacktip75,

We've received other reports of users who are unable to cancel trial plans. We're currently investigating these reports and will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share.

JamesC

grandpawmoses
Guide
Guide

I've been in the same boat for a month. I had to replace a Pro 4 camera with a new one wanted to move it to my subscription. There's no path to move that camera. Support was unable to help. They upgraded my case and I haven't heard from them since.

Blacktip75
Guide
Guide

I raised another support request as I bought 3 additional camera's. It is the stain on an otherwise good product... 

For a camera that is on a trial, when the trial ends you will be sent a threatening email that you will lose all your recordings if you don't subscribe in 24 hours (really WTF). Fortunately it will also auto enroll into your subscription so no action is required. But that email is another one where you get a 24 hour window to fix something where you cannot book it ahead of time to begin with.

Also you will not have 60 day retention during the trial so the trial is a punishment you can't escape if you are a paying customer, the 60 days for toe premium plus will start from the day of switching but grow from there it keeps throwing things away during the trial. Absolutely crazy.

davidwalker50
Aspirant
Aspirant

has this been resolved? I am on a Mac and or iPhone. was on tech support for over an hour. they quit responding. I cannot delete trial account to add a replacement camera to my plan either. what is going on  with this company. no one receiving assistance?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation