Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How much sun do the solar chargers need

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rdilauro
Guide
Guide
We have an assortment of Ultra and Ultra2. Each has a solar charger with them. Half are ARLO made and the others 3rd party. I cant seem to grasp when each of these chargers display their green charging symbol I make sure each gets a good amount of sun daily. s an experiment we just took down an ARLO charger connected to an Ultra. That Ultra would go from 100% to 0% in a couple of days using ARLO or Amazon purchased batteries. I replace that solar with a 3rd patty’s d the charging indicator went in. I took the charger I took down and connected to s spare Ultra in my yard. Bright sun, charger indicator is on , battery at 100%. An hour later in the same amount of sun, the charging indicating light is off. Are the chargers like trickle chargers and only charge when needsd? Is ther an ARLO Article that goes into depth about these chargers?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
3 REPLIES 3
Dannybear
Master
Master
Dannybear
Master
Master
Of interest is if you have been using the arlo web portal in browser to monitor battery levels.

If so have you observed any difference to using the arlo mobile app?

Some users observe the battery levels are not updating in the web browser which would make battery level observations useless.
rdilauro
Guide
Guide
Yes. I believe I posted something like this before. From time to time the is a difference in the reported battery levels between the mobile app or web interface. I have also noticed a big difference after changing batteries. When we change batteries I always have my mobile app. Depending on the sunlight very often I can’t see the actual live images. But under settings I can see the camera I just replaced with a new battery and see the battery level. But then I go home ten minutes later and with my web interface it shows the old battery levels. I know clearing cache, some cookies should Norma
Lily refresh the info. But at times I can have the web interface open showing 5% battery level, then in a minute it picks up the 100% level.
So that makes me think there is some timing issues between the mobile app and web interface
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation