Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
FredGraham
Guide
Guide
During setup, Arlo app reads "free 3-month plan," but sales website promises "Enjoy a year of Arlo Smart
We've paired our most advanced home security camera with one of the most robust service packages we offer—Arlo Smart Premier."
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

FredGraham,

Ultra 2 cameras come with a 3-month trial to Arlo Smart, not 1 year. The original Ultra kit included a 1 year trial for Arlo Smart Premier.

JamesC

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

FredGraham,

Ultra 2 cameras come with a 3-month trial to Arlo Smart, not 1 year. The original Ultra kit included a 1 year trial for Arlo Smart Premier.

JamesC

dcfox1
Master
Master
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

FredGraham, dcfox1

Thank you for bringing this to my attention and providing the link. I will escalate this for correction.

JamesC

FredGraham
Guide
Guide
Please view your comments from a customer's perspective:

1. Sales site clearly makes a promise of one year of free service.
2. Customer uses this information on choice of camera to purchase.
3. After receipt of product, customer begins set up only to discover the sales promise was false.
4. Subsequent escalation reveals company representatives citing "error on page" and refuses to honor black-and-white promise on their very own website.

Would you accept this after purchasing a vehicle, for instance? You were promised 5 yea/50,000 mile warranty (in writing). You bring your vehicle in for service, and the service manager informs you the sales brochures were printed incorrectly, and your warranty is only 1 year/10,000 miles.
Pretty shady to me.
FredGraham
Guide
Guide
James, dcfox1

I hope the correction to which you refer is to honor the 1-year Smart Plan and not simply pencil-whip your site's "error" in your own favor.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

FredGraham,

I will open a ticket and escalate on your behalf to the customer care team. An agent will reach out to you with further information.

JamesC

FredGraham
Guide
Guide
James C

Thank you
FredGraham
Guide
Guide
I feared the Arlo company would respond this way and deny the clearly stated promise of one year of Smart Premier service for Ultra 2 cameras.

I sent screenshots of the exchange we had, in which you clearly acknowledged the sales website's statement of one year of Smart Premier on the Ultra 2.

The decision to not honor this advertised promise is illegal at worst and unethical at best. I feel I have legitimate legal recourse, but I'm not going to pursue the matter.

Since this company is obviously choosing forfeiture of their integrity in preference to building solid customer relationships, I'm choosing to move on with my business and away from Arlo.

I wish Arlo and you luck in your greedy, litigious business future, but you're doing it without my involvement or participation. I will encourage any who ask to do likewise and avoid your company at all costs.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

FredGraham,

I've escalated this ticket again. Please let me know if you do not hear back from the care team within 24-48 hours.

JamesC

FredGraham
Guide
Guide
@JamesC

I stand corrected and retract my previous comment.

I just received a phone call from Arlo Support, and they are indeed standing by their promise.

In addition to sending me a code for one year of Arlo Smart Elite service, they have restored my faith in the company and in the business community.

Thank you, Arlo, for being different in this day and age of greed. I am now an Arlo customer for life.
Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation