Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
3ArloHomes
Aspirant
Aspirant
  • We have Arlo 2 with 5 cameras in our main house using my email on the account and I view the house cameras on the app on my phone.  My husband's shop next door has Arlo Ultra with 4 cameras on a separate account using his email that he views on the app on his phone.  We just bought Arlo Ultra 2 for a rental cabin on our property and plan to have 3 or 4 cameras.  How do we set the cabin up? Do we need a separate account using a 3rd email? Can we both view the cabin cameras on our app with the house/shop? Or do we need to log out of house/shop to view cabin? Will we only get alerts for the account we are logged into? 
3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@3ArloHomes wrote:

We have Arlo 2 with 5 cameras in our main house using my email on the account and I view the house cameras on the app on my phone.  My husband's shop next door has Arlo Ultra with 4 cameras on a separate account using his email that he views on the app on his phone.  We just bought Arlo Ultra 2 for a rental cabin on our property and plan to have 3 or 4 cameras.  How do we set the cabin up? Do we need a separate account using a 3rd email? Can we both view the cabin cameras on our app with the house/shop? Or do we need to log out of house/shop to view cabin? Will we only get alerts for the account we are logged into? 

All new accounts use the newer "Feed" interface (showing "Feed" in the app menu instead of "Library").  And the friend feature you are using now only works if all accounts use the same interface (either all using "Feed" or all using "Library".  While you could migrate to "Feed" now, it does have some issues - so I suggest not migrating to it until you have to.

The simplest option for now is to add the cabin cameras and base to your husband's account, and share the cabin cameras with your account.  If he has a subscription, then that will also cover the cabin cameras.  

Eventually all accounts will be switched to "Feed".  When that happens you'll be able to consolidate accounts (going to one account with three locations).  Unfortunately you'll need a new subscription for the cabin (unless you use local storage instead).  Note Arlo is now allowing multiple logins, so you'd both be able to use the same account.  That would give you both full control over all the cameras.

3ArloHomes
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much for your reply and guidance. I guess we are stuck not knowing how to add the cabin base to my husband's account. I think we figured out how to add devices but that appears to only be additional camera devices not a new base that is synced to the cabin cameras.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@3ArloHomes wrote:

I think we figured out how to add devices but that appears to only be additional camera devices not a new base that is synced to the cabin cameras.

"Add Device" will let you add a new base.  If you are using the app, then make sure you scroll all the way down (base/smarthubs are last on the list).  Note you can also add everything using my.arlo.com on a PC.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation