Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
pwaggs
Apprentice
Apprentice

First off, as you know from my posts, I am not an Arlo hater. I have been using the platform successfully for the better part of a year now. I am simply looking at creating a more robust and useful security camera system and I believe that I am maxing out the capability of my Arlo Ultra 2 and Doorbell system. For one, the Arlo system is not so much a system but two different programs combined on an app. Why can't I yet pull my doorbell video through the smart hub and create a local recording file?

So, I think that I am back to looking at Ubiquiti.

Ubiquiti | UniFi | Simply scalable camera security

Has anybody made the jump? Do you have a "setting up an Ubiquiti server for dummies guide"? Were you happier with the quality of the video over Arlo and the ability to tailor the product more to your needs?

Any thoughts on Ubiquiti?

Or on Arlo, my biggest issue aside from the mounting costs of attempting to get what I want, has anybody figured out how to get a CVR and triggered events flagged on the CVR recording?

Best answers
  • SinisterStairs
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

You'll likely get more Ubiquiti answers on their forums than on Arlo's.

2 REPLIES 2
SinisterStairs
Apprentice
Apprentice

You'll likely get more Ubiquiti answers on their forums than on Arlo's.

ddilm
Aspirant
Aspirant
After a year I feel the ARLO tech support system has deteriorated. Instead of addressing night time ghostly/foggy images and acknowledging and solving a problem with the spotlight levels not holding the settings, the random tech of the day support agents prefer to close the case as soon as possible - I presume to have the computer algorithms to document they are providing adequate service. Before the end of the trial period about 9 months ago, the ARLO tech support was diligent, with strong verbal communications and technical knowledge skills. This current text system is awful. After purchasing, installing and operating 8 cameras at three locations with three base units, I am concerned that I may need to start over and evaluate other systems. I would be interested in how your investigation into other systems is going.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation