Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

H10 battery drained when when connected to solar panel?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
csusalumyahoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

what to do when battery drained wven when connected to solar panel?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
csusalumyahoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the suggestions, Stephen,

This camera has very little activity, maybe 8 - 10 minutes a day. A second camera installed same day about 17 months ago, also with solar panel to charge, is still working fine.

We tried removing and recharging in the USB case, and didn't work!

I've order new - expensive - rechargeable batteries, and hope to get this camera operating again in a couple of days.

Fingers crossed, margo

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@csusalumyahoo wrote:

what to do when battery drained wven when connected to solar panel?

1. How many minutes video streaming/recording is the camera doing per day?  You need to remove any activity zones to estimate this.
  2. Are you seeing any signs of a poor connection to the base (offline status, video corruption, failure to respond when livestreaming)?

My own Ultra needed recharging from time to time (when connected to the panel).  I upgrade the camera to an XL battery, and haven't needed to recharge it since. 

csusalumyahoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the suggestions, Stephen,

This camera has very little activity, maybe 8 - 10 minutes a day. A second camera installed same day about 17 months ago, also with solar panel to charge, is still working fine.

We tried removing and recharging in the USB case, and didn't work!

I've order new - expensive - rechargeable batteries, and hope to get this camera operating again in a couple of days.

Fingers crossed, margo

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation