Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
AsabeLtd
Guide
Guide

I bought a 4 camera Ultra 2 system last December at Costco...The cameras are NOT turned on permanently, they are intermittent on/off actuated by movement...On late July one of the cameras started to present an OVERHEATING issue at night when the temperatures are in the 60's...,After a week or two of the overheating messages this very same camera started messaging low battery issues even though all 4 cameras  are wired & connected to power...The other 3 cameras will show 100% battery all the time.

Last week this camera finally went off line...

I followed the troubleshooting: Removed it from the hub and tried to install it manually as it was not detected, reset it to factory specs and even put a new fresh battery....Holding the reset button for 15 or more seconds does not turn on the LEDS and the hub does not discover the camera even at 3 ft distance...So to me the camera is dead and needs to be replaced...

Yesterday another camera started to give me the very same OVERHEATING message, and again, there is no reason for overheating as the temp is 65F and once it operates it shows battery at 100%...All 4 cameras worked flawlessly with cero issues even at our very hot 105F temps (daytime) from April to July, so the ambient temps are not the issue.

My concern is that this second camera may also die as the other one did after a month or so of showing the overheating message.

I have tried to contact ARLO for support/replacement of these cameras still under the one year warranty and there is nothing on Arlo's site but a virtual chat which is very frustrating, I haven't been able to find how to open a case or how to speak to a human living being...

Can somebody assist me or guide me for opening a case or for speaking to customer service or technical support?

Thank you in advance for your time and courtesies to my request.

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AsabeLtd wrote:

Can somebody assist me or guide me for opening a case or for speaking to customer service or technical support?

If you have a Secure/Secure Plus subscription, then go into the support area of the app.  Select a subscribed camera (really doesn't matter which), and scroll down to the "Contact" section.  You should see a phone icon there, that will lead you to phone support.

This can't be done via my.arlo.com, you need to use the app (and call from the phone).

AsabeLtd
Guide
Guide

Thank you for your prompt reply...Does that mean that only secure secure plan subscribers are candidates for customer service and for  making the warranty effective?

Very unfortunately I don't have a plan because my use does not justify a plan, I use the system for monitoring my dogs before they reach and while on the garden because we have many predators in this area that are not stopped by fences.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AsabeLtd wrote:

Does that mean that only secure secure plan subscribers are candidates for customer service and for  making the warranty effective?

No, the warranty applies whether you have a plan or not.  You can try using chat support, but it probably won't be as easy as it should be to reach support.

I'm tagging the Arlo mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) as they might be able to assist.  (This is a user-to-user forum, and I don't work for Arlo).

AsabeLtd
Guide
Guide

Thank you so much for your time and assistance Stephen 😁...

AsabeLtd
Guide
Guide

Stephen, once again thank you!...Somebody from ARLO contacted me and we got into the chat at their website and I was able to explain him the problem(s) ... Finally, a human on the other end!😁

He confirmed me that only subscribers with a plan or users during the trial period can access  customer service or a technician at ARLO...To me forcing your buyers to buy a plan in order to assist them or to honor the warranty  is terrible policy, but I am just a consumer and don't own any stock in ARLO.

The technician told me that ARLO would be replacing camera number 4 in the system and opened a case number as I am having the very same issues I had with this dead camera, with cameras 1 and 3...Only camera 2 seems to be working fine...

Best regards,

Asabe Ltd (AZ)

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AsabeLtd wrote:

He confirmed me that only subscribers with a plan or users during the trial period can access  customer service or a technician at ARLO...

Arlo Mods can also escalate to support when someone has no subscription but is under warranty.

There is far too much friction in accessing support now (warranty with no subscription and onboarding are particulaly problematic).  I agree Arlo needs to make changes here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation