Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

False trigger live feed

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Re_zeekay
Tutor
Tutor
Purchased two add on cameras, every time I turn them on manually for live feed it starts recording and triggers events.
6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re_zeekay,

Is this happening with both cameras? What client are you using when this happens (Android, iOS, web)? Does it happen consistently (every live stream)?

JamesC

Re_zeekay
Tutor
Tutor
Both cameras using Android app consistently. Either triggers on and off repeatedly or a single continuous recording, until live feed stopped.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re_zeekay,

Try rebooting your SmartHub, allow the cameras to come back online and then test live stream again. Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

Re_zeekay
Tutor
Tutor
I'm currently away from the system, can the smart hub be rebooted remotely?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes. Log in to your Arlo mobile app and navigate to Settings > My Devices > select your SmartHub > Restart

It will take a few minutes for your SmartHub and cameras to come back online, then you an test again to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

Re_zeekay
Tutor
Tutor
Still experiencing the same issue after smarthub reboot. I have a suspicion it has something to do with the mounting. It's as if the internal mechanism of the camera turning on and off is triggering motion detection because the mounts are not rigid enough perhaps?
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation