Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Dramatic increase in "green screens" at start of clips

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Dahana
Tutor
Tutor

I have 4x Ultra 2's connected to a base station. Over the past few weeks, there has been a dramatic increase in "green screen" at the start of clips on all of the cameras...only lasting 2-3 seconds at the start of the clip, and then it clears up. I've reset all components/cameras. I've switched my wifi router channels. I've confirmed no neighbor wifi is overpowering my base station via wifi analyzer apps. 

I question whether or not this is wifi-interference related. It ONLY is at the start of clips...and then quickly clears up. If it were interference, I would expect the issue to persist throughout the clip. It doesn't. 

Ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I don't believe it is WiFi related, but more likely indicative of a fault with the camera. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dahana wrote:

I have 4x Ultra 2's connected to a base station. Over the past few weeks, there has been a dramatic increase in "green screen" at the start of clips on all of the cameras...only lasting 2-3 seconds at the start of the clip, and then it clears up.

Do you also see this when livestreaming a camera?  Enable 4K livestreaming for this test, and also use the app when you are connected to home wifi (the stream will be 1080p if you are using my.arlo.com or if the phone isn't connected to your home wifi).

Also, check for other types of artifacts later on in the recording.  In my experience, the green screen typically will show up only at the beginning. Generally this is because the starting point inside the player is a green screen, and if the initial frame from the camera isn't received properly the player will continue to show green.

Later on there are other artifacts (sometimes just the video freezing for a bit, while the audio continues).  If there isn't motion in the scene it can be hard to spot a video freeze.

Dahana
Tutor
Tutor

I was able to isolate the issue. Once I disabled local storage, the issue completely disappeared. I suspect that the microSD card I was using went bad. I'm not sure why that would corrupt the online versions...but it is what it is. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation