Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Digital noise on the video

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
XrxDc240
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I am getting digital static noise on the video. It only happen at night time when night vision turn on. During the day it image look fine. What cause this issue? Do i have defective camera? 

943682D1-79F4-4FFA-A0C3-F63609707946.jpeg

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That image looks normal to me. Low light (nighttime) leads to a grainier image due to the lack of light. Use of external lighting that allows for color recording would be useful here.

Dannybear
Master
Master

@XrxDc240 

The uploaded images to forum posts are not viewable by anyone until the are vetted by a moderator.

This might take a few a days for them to find it.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dannybear wrote:

The uploaded images to forum posts are not viewable by anyone until the are vetted by a moderator.

It is viewable now.

@jguerdat wrote:

That image looks normal to me. Low light (nighttime) leads to a grainier image due to the lack of light. Use of external lighting that allows for color recording would be useful here.

@XrxDc240:  I agree with @jguerdat - the camera isn't defective.  In addition to the image being grainier, the contrast is low in many spots due to uneven IR, and very bright areas from reflections. 

Note you can alternatively get an IR floodlight to supplement the IR LEDs of the camera - if you go that route, you would still use Nightvision at night, but you would get a better quality image.  The reflections could still be a problem, and you'd don't want more illumination on the side walls than you have already.  

Not sure if adding external lighting (IR or visible) at ground level is an option, but that might work out better than mounting it at the camera location.

Dannybear
Master
Master

@XrxDc240 

I generally find that it is difficult to identify digital noise from a still shot image.

An alternative method would be to share a recording from your library and post the link by selecting the more button on your library recording, selecting share, then copy link and paste into your post.

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Is there something nearby that creates this digital noise? For example a faulty light or something that creates interference. It may be that this 'digital noise' is present throughout the day also, but that you can only see it when recordings are in black and white.

To test:

-have you tested the camera in a different location?

-have checked if with colour nightvision you get the same issue?

XrxDc240
Aspirant
Aspirant

I found out the digital noise is actually coming from the Arlo outdoor charging cable. When I disconnected the plug the noise are gone. It only causing during night time, day time the camera is fine. 

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation