Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
sparkle_e
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just installed the Arlo Camera at my parents house.  I noticed that the App has sucked up a lot of my data storage on my phone.  I am not happy about that as I have noticed that I get a notification every time my parents step out of the house, which is quite often, and I am constantly deleting the recordings on my phone, which is every 10 minutes.  Is there any way that the recordings can be deleted on its own without me constantly going in and deleting the videos myself?

Thank you for all your help.

E

4 REPLIES 4
Dannybear
Master
Master
What size phone storage do you have and how much is the app using?

Arlo recordings are stored in the cloud so should not be filling up the phone storage.

Are you concerned about data usage instead?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sparkle_e wrote:

I noticed that the App has sucked up a lot of my data storage on my phone.  

Are you using Android or iOS?  How much storage is the app taking?

FWIW, I see 300 - 400 MB on my iPhone 12 mini.  That includes some downloaded videos (using the direct access to local storage feature).

As @Dannybear says, videos are normally stored in the cloud, and don't take space you the phone unless you download them.   

sparkle_e
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Dannybear:

I have an iPhone 12 with a 64 GB.  When I downloaded the Arlo App, I now only have 12 GB left.   Is this considered normal that the app has used so much of  GB?

I am not very "techy" when it comes to stuff like this, I only know the "basic".

Thank you,

Sparkle_e

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sparkle_e wrote:

I have an iPhone 12 with a 64 GB.  When I downloaded the Arlo App, I now only have 12 GB left.   Is this considered normal that the app has used so much of  GB?

Try uninstalling the app - then check the storage again.   Afterwards, reinstall it.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation