Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Crestron control

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Kegada
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. Has anyone intergarted already camera in to  crestron home system.

I have a client with a good number of cMers and he is looking to use this with the new home automation system from.crestron. 

3 REPLIES 3
martincc
Luminary
Luminary

From my own perceptive, I would caution against buying Arlo. I have employed Arlo products since their first generation. I find they easy to set up and install, and competitive in terms of features.

My latest 'best' are their Ultra 2's and they have mostly pros including an important improvement over my Arlo Pro 2 and Pro 3 cameras - the Ultra 2's have less false alarming from moving tree shadows for example (not much mentioned by anyone else here). However, as a customer-oriented company Arlo sucks.

As I posted elsewhere, regarding the latest outage that surprised many of us customers "Worse still, Arlo Corp. 1. realized they had a problem, 2. they have (to this time) not proactively communicated to subscribers, 3. there has been no response from Arlo Co. about a remedy, plan or timetable. With many of our best cameras being down, this leaves many of us feeling, if not actually, vulnerable. When outages occur Arlo management should directly notify affected subscribers - this is a norm for most of the better security/fire alarm companies. As this Ultra 2 outage resulted from Arlo negligence, their remedy for this should not inconvenience customers further. Arlo Corp. should also offer some tangible expression of apology in the form of some financial credit against subscription renewals, if not refunds."

Ultra 2's have now been out of service some days, no official word to customers yet.

I suggest you consider alternative camera makers; most will catch up with each other in terms of tech features, but customer service should be a big weight in the choice.

Martin

Kegada
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Martin,

I don't think you understand my question.

i would like to control the Arlo camera with Crestron, have you done this before?

martincc
Luminary
Luminary

Ah-ha, now I understand. You have Arlo cameras but wish to control via Crestron.

No, I have no first hand experience with Crestron.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation