Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cant seem to grant access to friends

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
needhelpy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Granted access to friends but it wont work

- delete and resent and no luck

- confirmed both their and my app is latest version 

- they tried on different devices

- tried sending invite via laptop and app

-tried them accepting invite via laptop and app

- they might gain access for a split second then it stops working...

Need help! Thank you 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@needhelpy wrote:

My app has Library and everyone else's app has dashboard. How can we get our apps in alignment?

You need to migrate to "Feed"/"Dashboard".  One major drawback is that "Feed" doesn't have any custom modes.  You can fully edit/repurpose the three built-in modes, but you cannot add any more.  Scheduling also works somewhat differently, and several users here have had issues getting their desired schedule to work.

That said, there is a hack to migrate your account to "Feed".  That is to go into add device, and select the Pro 5s camera.  Since you don't own that camera, the process will fail.  But it will migrate you to "Feed" before you get stuck.

Unfortunately, Arlo doesn't give you a way to migrate back to "Library" if you run into issues.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@needhelpy wrote:

- confirmed both their and my app is latest version 

The app supports two different user interfaces, and they also need to be the same in both accounts.

Does your app show "Library"?  or does it show "Feed" and "Dashboard" instead?

What does the friend account app show?

needhelpy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for this! I think you're on the right track. My app has Library and everyone else's app has dashboard. How can we get our apps in alignment?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@needhelpy wrote:

My app has Library and everyone else's app has dashboard. How can we get our apps in alignment?

You need to migrate to "Feed"/"Dashboard".  One major drawback is that "Feed" doesn't have any custom modes.  You can fully edit/repurpose the three built-in modes, but you cannot add any more.  Scheduling also works somewhat differently, and several users here have had issues getting their desired schedule to work.

That said, there is a hack to migrate your account to "Feed".  That is to go into add device, and select the Pro 5s camera.  Since you don't own that camera, the process will fail.  But it will migrate you to "Feed" before you get stuck.

Unfortunately, Arlo doesn't give you a way to migrate back to "Library" if you run into issues.

needhelpy
Aspirant
Aspirant

This was it! It solved our issue. This is insane, I wouldve never fixed this if I hadn't learned of this migration hack... Overall really glad I got help. Thanks so much! Huge headache solved 🙂

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation