Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can family member on shared account access the Smart Notifications options?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Finnster68
Follower
Follower

My wife and 2 kids have been setup as shared account.

As mine is the main account i can go into smart notifications and deselect "Animals" under Motion Alerts

They cant. There is no option in their settings to do so. Is there some way around this.

Reason is, we have 2 German Shephards in our backyard and they all get constant "animal" notifications all day.

It has become so annoying they just mute the notifications for hours on end.

Seems now pointless for them to be even connnected as turning off the annoying notifications means they wont get an actual important one if for some reason a burglar is stupid enough to jump into our backyard.

Hope that all makes sense.

Cheers

Tony

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Finnster68 wrote:

My wife and 2 kids have been setup as shared account.

As mine is the main account i can go into smart notifications and deselect "Animals" under Motion Alerts

They cant. There is no option in their settings to do so. Is there some way around this.

Reason is, we have 2 German Shephards in our backyard and they all get constant "animal" notifications all day.

If animals are deselected in the main account, then I believe the notifications should also be supressed in the friend account.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Finnster68 Also if you are away and have Animal on they can not turn it off. Just the main account holder can. But as StephenB said they should not get animals if you have it off. 

What privileges do my friends have when I grant them access rights in my Arlo account?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation