Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can a hub be visible on two wi-if networks?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
LGraubner
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been successfully using a hub and 3 Ultra 2 cameras at my farm for a couple of years now.  I extended my Wi-Fi to my barn using an AyrMesh product.  I have Wi-Fi in my barn now but how do I get my two new Arlo cameras to connect to the base station back at the house which is on another wi-fi network?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LGraubner
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the help.  I ordered a second hub from Amazon and it arrived the same day.  It works flawlessly and I couldn’t be happier.  Thanks again. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LGraubner wrote:

but how do I get my two new Arlo cameras to connect to the base station back at the house which is on another wi-fi network?

The base station isn't on your wifi network.  It has to be connected via ethernet.

The base creates a closed wifi network for the cameras, so you can just add the new cameras to that second base.  Note some cameras (Pro 3 floodlight, Pro 4, Essential models) can be connected to your mesh w/o a base.

LGraubner
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.  So I just buy a second base, connect it to the LAN port in the barn and then that creates a second wi-fi network for the barn cameras?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LGraubner wrote:

Thanks.  So I just buy a second base, connect it to the LAN port in the barn and then that creates a second wi-fi network for the barn cameras?

Yes.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

BTW, there are advantages to 2 bases...

You can run multi schedules ( one for each ) and of course all the ARM all/Disarm all buttons there is no longer a need to go to each base for this

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
LGraubner
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the help.  I ordered a second hub from Amazon and it arrived the same day.  It works flawlessly and I couldn’t be happier.  Thanks again. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LGraubner wrote:

I'm glad I could assist 😊

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation