Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Kensob
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have Arlo 2 cameras.  I am noticing that it doesn’t pick up all motion. The sensitivity is set at high or 100%.  It sometimes doesn’t pick up my car when I leave my garage.  It also sometimes doesn’t pick up someone walking by.  I don’t understand why it misses some and catches others. 

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The cameras are designed to monitor people out to ~20 feet. Cars can be detected further out due to the higher IR signature from them or by reflecting the sun's strong IR output.

Positioning can have a big impact:

https://kb.arlo.com/37/Arlo-Camera-Placement-Tips

Also, best detection is when the motion is across the FOV, not directly to<>from the camera.

Kensob
Aspirant
Aspirant

I removed the cameras and reinstalled them.  All of them said that there was a firmware update although before this they all said they were up to date. 

I walked directly in front of the camera waving my hands and it didn’t pick up any movement. Still not sure what is wrong. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Reinstalling/rebooting the hub can cause a recent update that hasn't happened yet to occur. I wouldn't worry about that.

How are you setting the motion detection - it should be in your modes and rules or in the camera settings under Default Mode Settings if using the new user interface (UI) that uses Feed to view recordings. Screenshots of the cameras' views may be useful.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation