Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera activation

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Pershing27
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I have been working in a new company for a few months and during the cleaning I found practically new Arlo Pro 2 cameras.

Unfortunately, there is no contact with the person who bought them and the possibility of deleting his account. The cameras have been inactive for several years. Asking what can I do about it.

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Pro 2 cameras connect to a base station. DOes the location have one of those? Do you know if it's in use with some other cameras? Since the cameras are "new" it would seem that you could just use them with no issues but the base station requirement is now the issue.

Pershing27
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your answer.

The cameras and the base station are assigned to an account for which I do not have a login or password and I cannot remove it from it. The cameras have not been used for over 4 years. Hence my request to delete the account to which the cameras are assigned, so that I can add them to the new one. At the moment the cameras and the base are useless.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Normally that isn't possible since it could be an attempt to steal the system. However, there may be ways to get the current account deleted with proof but I can't be sure. @JamesC or @ShayneS ?

Pershing27
Aspirant
Aspirant

I understand the security reasons, but from the serial number Arlo can probably check that the account to which the cameras are assigned has not been used for at least 4 years.
Cameras costing over $1,500 are now useless and it would not be logical to dispose of them.
Request for help.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you try doing a paper-clip reset of the base?  then try to add it to a new Arlo account?

It might not work, but there is no harm in trying it.

Pershing27
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I tried, but the problem is not in the hardware, but in the account. In order to use the equipment, I need to log in and add the cameras to my account. The problem is that they are assigned to an account that has not been used for over 4 years and no one has access to it.
The idea is that someone from Arlo can verify and remove them.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Pershing27 wrote:

Yes, I tried,

Ok.  I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) to see if they can help.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

If you or your company has proof of purchase, we may be able to reclaim the system. 

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation