Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

CAmera tearing through battery and worse with Solar charger

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
capopriolo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 cameras.  As of the lack of dreadful corporate support I am down to this.  I have a camera that is tearing through the battery.  Same setting as other 3.  Bought a solar charger and that was a waste of 60 bucks.  Is there any real tech  support with the God awful company.  I should have bought a Nest like my neighbor said but so much for that now.  

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@capopriolo wrote:

I have a camera that is tearing through the battery. 

Have you tried swapping the camera with one of the others?  Then see if the problem moves with the camera or stays with the location.

Also, are you using activity zones with the problem camera?  They don't improve battery life, they just supress recordings and notifications that are out of the zones.  If there is a lot of motion outside the zones, then the camera will drain quickly with no indication of why.

capopriolo
Aspirant
Aspirant
How do I turn off or delete the zones?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@capopriolo wrote:
How do I turn off or delete the zones?

Try my.arlo.com from a PC browser.  Go into video settings - from there you select each zone with the mouse, and can delete it.

From the app, you can swipe left on the zone (underneath the image, not the zone outline on the image).  Then you should see a delete control.

capopriolo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just got it. Sensitive touch to get delete. I removed the zones. Let me try this. And the sole charger is useless. Hardly ever works. Thanks for you help.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation