Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Billed Twice ($9,792.96) Nothing Received after a week

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ConsumerReview
Aspirant
Aspirant

Buyer Beware: Some sales deals are "too good to be true."  I have an extensive and complex layout that requires 10+ camera placements.  The day after ordering $4,896.48 of equipment, I see three charges totaling $9,792.96, of which half ($4,896.48) had cleared my bank in the first 24 hours.  I called support (reference number 43418405) to get them to lift the remaining $4,896.48 hold. Arlo support told me that Arlo had "shipping issues" within their system and that I would have to work with my bank to resolve the hold on my side or wait until Arlo lifted the hold within 24-72 hours.  120 hours later, the $4,896.48 hold has not been lifted, even though $4,896.48 had cleared my bank five days prior, and my online Arlo order status shows "Pending."  I have not received ANY equipment, apology, or shipping estimate, and I'm out $9,792.96.  My bank will not resolve the hold that has not "cleared," and the $4,896.48 remains "pending" in my bank account after a week.

Arlo has left me with no choice but to open a business fraud case.

2 REPLIES 2
ConsumerReview
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update: After working with my bank fraud department, the pending hold was released on April 1st (7 days total), and the equipment arrived on April 2nd.  I never heard back from Arlo.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi,

Thank you for providing this feedback, I have escalated the information to the appropriate team. Please let me know if you have any other questions and I will be happy to assist. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation