Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery Life is a couple days at most

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
BrettF
Follower
Follower

We've had the Arlo cameras (4 of them) for a little over a month now and the most we can get out of a battery charge is a couple days.  Two of them last about 1 day.  The furthest one is about 75' from the base station, another is about 50' and the other 2 are about 30'.  I did move the base closer a week after we installed them, but it didn't change anything.  I really thought I'd have to only charge these batteries 2-4 times a year, but it's been daily or several times a week and 2 of them I have to get up on a ladder to do that.  I'm not happy and haven't even recharged them for the past 2 weeks because it's become such a hassle.  Need some help.  

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Distance is certainly an issue but along with that, especially at the distance, any wireless interference can degrade the signal sufficiently to make the connection to the cameras bad enough that the cameras use up the battery to try to stay connected. Move a camera closer to the base as a test and check for other wireless devices near the cameras as well as the base. House construction can be an issue, too - what's yours?

RockStar333
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue and more. I also thought only needing to charge a few times a year would be incredibly convenient. I instead need to charge a few times a week. I have 5 cameras so it gets downright tedious climbing up to charge a diff camera everyday. its gotten to the point I stopped charging them. They are way to expensive to no use but it takes 6-8 hours to charge the batteries and I'm a busy guy. I also have audio issues. I can hear everyone and everything fine.. but no one can hear me. And the "alarm" is a joke. my phone is louder. I tried to be funny one day and scare the kids with it and they instead just looked at it puzzled.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation