Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station and cameras not discoverable

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
3rddayfarmer
Follower
Follower

Just bought ARLO Ultra 2 system ... going through set up ...

My phone and computer are not able to discover the base station nor cameras. They are all on the 2.4 Gh. network. I have a blue light on the base station.  I have X-finity for a router & service (it has 2.4 & 5Gh broadcast at the same time) ... I'm wondering if there is some kind of firewall protection that could possibly be interfering with discovery ?

Can anyone help me ?

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The hub has nothing to do with your WiFi since it has to be connected using the supplied Ethernet cable. You obviously have that installed since the hub's LED is blue. That also implies that the connection to the servers is available so nothing needs to be done with firewalls or other router settings. You do need to add the hub before the cameras, though, since the cameras only connect to the hub and not to your WiFi.

Start by pressing the small, hidden reset button on the base near the power cord and hold it until the LED starts flashing amber. Release the button and wait for ~2 minutes for the hub to reboot and the LED to turn steady blue. Choose to set up the hub first which should be quick and simple and then connect the cameras to the hub. The directions in the app or web client on the computer should step you through the process. If a camera doesn't want to connect, try this procedure:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062880/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera-Arlo-Secure-4-0

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation