Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RaylanC
Apprentice
Apprentice

I need a refresher course.  I have 2 base stations.  For whatever reason, way back when, I had to assign or link one base station to my wife’s iPhone.  I now need to get it linked back to my iPhone and I do not recall the procedure.  All of the cameras are mounted on trees, out of reach.  Will they all have to be brought inside and placed near the base station to be adopted?  Anyway, what is the process I will need to follow to accomplish this task most efficiently?  Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't have to use 2 bases since you already have one on your account. No problem if you want to use both - there's pluses and minuses either way. If you choose to use both you need to remove all devices from your wife's account so you can add them to yours.

Once that's done, you just add devices to your account normally, as if new.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you want to be the primary user, all cameras and hub on your wife's account need to be removed from that account so you can set them up on yours. That means taking the cameras down.

RaylanC
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks.  I was afraid of that.  So, remove from her iPhone then reset the base station device?  Then add to my account?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't have to use 2 bases since you already have one on your account. No problem if you want to use both - there's pluses and minuses either way. If you choose to use both you need to remove all devices from your wife's account so you can add them to yours.

Once that's done, you just add devices to your account normally, as if new.

RaylanC
Apprentice
Apprentice

I had to go to 2 base stations because one would not accommodate all of my cameras due to their placement.  The base stations do not emit a strong enough signal so I had to try and place the base stations as close as possible to the cameras which are placed on both sides of the house.  I have been hoping for many years now that Arlo would come out with a better base station or at lease make the cameras work with existing WiFi since I have AP's mounted outside covering all of the property.

RaylanC
Apprentice
Apprentice

Update:  All successfully switched over.  Thanks for the help.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation