Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Atrocious customer service response - Pending arlo.com order

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
FredGraham
Guide
Guide

I'm starting to question my decision to go with an Arlo system. Made two phone calls to customer service over the weekend, both of which required over 70 minutes of hold time. Placed additional order of devices on Mon, 19 Oct, and paid for express shipping.
On Wed, 21 Oct, order status remained as "Pending." Based on length of telephone hold time on previous calls, I decided to use chat to check on lack of progress on the order. After waiting 15 minutes for chat, I was ultimately disconnected. I received an email soon after telling me I would get a follow-up contact. It never came, so I initiated another chat today, Thu, 22 Oct. When I asked what the delay was holding up the shipment of my "express" order, the chat representative "guessed" (her word, not mine) there just must have been a lot of orders, but mine was packed and ready for shipping. When I asked about my payment for "express shipping," she said I could request a refund after order arrived.
At the time of this post (10 hours after rep assured me my order was "packed and ready for shipping"), website STILL shows order status as "Pending."
After my woeful experience and difficulty reaching customer service over the simplest matter of order status, I'm deeply concerned about this company's ability and/or willingness to respond to legitimate technical issues in the future.
The jury is out on Arlo. They're going to have to really step up their customer service game if I'm going to trust them for my family needs for our home's camera coverage.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Do you have a support ticket I can reference to look into this issue and escalate as necessary?

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

FredGraham,

Thank you, i've escalated your support ticket and requested a status update. An agent will be reaching out to you with more information as soon as possible.

JamesC

FredGraham
Guide
Guide
Thank you, James!
Sgause
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am also having terrible luck with customer service. I know have 2 cases opened. I have 3 charges, for 2 orders. Two charges for a single order have already been charged to the payment method, I have yet to receive a response back from customer service and my orders are still pending.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sgause,

Do you have a case number I can reference and escalate?

JamesC

Sgause
Aspirant
Aspirant
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sgause,

I've escalated your support tickets and requested a status update. An agent will be reaching out to you with more information as soon as possible.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation