Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra outdoor magnetic charging cable. Any trick to connect such as turn camera off, etc?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jc1359
Follower
Follower

I bought an Arlo 25 ft outdoor magnetic charging cable to connect one of the cameras in my system. The Wasserstein cable was not showing as charging and I had read some of the knockoffs might do this so I bought an Arlo cable, paid 4x the knockoff and still does not show as charging. It initially did for a few minutes and now charging indicator is not showing. Is there a trick or order to connecting such as turn camera off, connect magnetic end, then plug in? Should not be this complicated. I have 2 other cameras on Wasserstein solar panels and those show 100%. The one plugged into an outlet is 37%. Hopefully, it is something simple, but everything I read about Arlo support and issues seem to be a nightmare. Any help is appreciated. Thx

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe to narrow down the issue, camera or cable, use the same cable on a working camera to test same. ( swap cables )

I know the magnetic connection sometimes needs the contacts cleaned to work 100% ( from my arlo ultra )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation