Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra Camera VMC5040 no longer syncs to smart hub

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BenRach
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I bought an add on camera to an existing HUB + 2 camera kit around 12 months ago. It seemed to be working fine up until last night, the battery had gone flat and I had it on charge. It never synced back with the hub properly. I could see from the app the camera was charging but could not get any live feed. It got to about 75% charged. Tried to power cycle and sync manually a few times but nothing worked.

I started looking for trouble shooting and tried holding the sync button for 10 seconds to reset the camera. Still wouldn't sync. Ive now removed the camera from my account, reset the camera again (twice), power cycled, but the smart hub now wont even detect the camera. I literally have the camera sitting next to the hub - can see both blue led's on the hub and camera flashing and the HUB no longer finds it. 

The 2 other cameras seem to be functioning just fine.

Where to from here?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @BenRach

Have you tried to onboard the camera over the web portal as well? Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

BenRach
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @ShayneS 

Thanks for the reply, I was going to post an update - I tried using the web portal a few times to sync the camera, and it didn't work. I left the battery out of the camera for a whole day. Tried to sync the camera again following night, reset the camera a number of times, and eventually it connected to the hub after numerous attempts (lost count).

I dont know what the issue could have been - I tried to account for known issues (WIFI interference) by placing the camera directly next to the hub when attempting to sync, so buggered if I know what the issue was?

Thanks

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update, glad to hear it's up an running.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation