Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Alunt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I recently purchased 4 Arlo pro 4 cameras but unfortunately couldn't set them up on my Netgear Orbi Wifi 6 mesh system as it's running at 5GHZ.  I tried using a 2.4GHZ extended but then couldn't get the range I needed and also had a couple of issues trying to connect the cameras. After a couple of frustrating days, I returned them.

I am now thinking of using the Arlo Ultra 2 but wanted to first check if they will work on 5GHZ and has anyone had any trouble setting these up with an Orbi Wifi system.  

Thanks for your help in advance

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Alunt wrote:

Hello, I recently purchased 4 Arlo pro 4 cameras but unfortunately couldn't set them up on my Netgear Orbi Wifi 6 mesh system as it's running at 5GHZ.  I tried using a 2.4GHZ extended but then couldn't get the range

FWIW,. 2.4 GHz has longer range than 5 GHz.  I also use an Orbi WiFi 6 mesh, and haven't had issues connecting my cameras to it (though almost all my cameras actually connect to smarthubs).

@Alunt wrote:

I am now thinking of using the Arlo Ultra 2 but wanted to first check if they will work on 5GHZ and has anyone had any trouble setting these up with an Orbi Wifi system.  

These cameras won't connect to home wifi, they only connect to a base station/smarthub.

Alunt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for that, I live in an old railway station covering approx 500m2 (5500 sq ft)  and with walls around 1mtr (3') thick.  That's why I went for the Orbi mesh system to give me better coverage with the three antennas.  As I said the extender works but I can get the range to cover all four cameras.  I take it that you are using the Arlo Ultra 2 cameras if you have them connected via the smarthub?  If you don't mind me asking how many cameras are connected and what floor space do they cover?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Alunt wrote:

I take it that you are using the Arlo Ultra 2 cameras if you have them connected via the smarthub?  If you don't mind me asking how many cameras are connected and what floor space do they cover?

I have several Ultras, but no Ultra 2s. 15 cameras all together, split across 3 base stations.

My home is a three-story freestanding house, with wood construction.   Living space is about 3500 square feet.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation