Arlo Ultra-2 will not registyer movement with my old VMB5000 base

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Onegr8dane
Apprentice
Apprentice

When one of my Ultra cameras quit synchronizing with my VMB5000 base, and no amount of resets, or other support suggestions helped, I purchased a new Ultra 2 camera set with two Ultra-2 cameras ans a VMB5000 base.

I successfully sync'ed one of the ultra-2 cameras to the old base and I can see and set up everything as normal. Detect utility blinks orange on the camera when I wave in front of it. I can make local recordings by clicking the record button on the app. 

But the camera does not record any movement locally (SD card), or in the cloud. I have. a 5-camera plan and 3 individual cameras in my account. The new camera showed up under the other cameras and I was not allowed to move it into the empty slot of my 5-camera plan. (where the defective camera had been)

I first had to cancel the free secure trial period that came with the camera. Then I could move the new camera into the empty slot. But it does not record any movements.

I am beginning to suspect the defective camera somehow is not correctly removed from the plan and the new one not allowed to record. 

I have added the new VMB5000 base with the second camera to my account and it properly records movement in the cloud. This camera was first sync'ed to the old base with the same behaviour as the one above. So both new cameras will sync with my original base but not record movement, and sync with the new base and correctly record movements.

The original VMB5000 base has 5 cameras. sync'ed 2 Ultra, 1 Ultra-2 and 2 Pro-2

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem will be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Onegr8dane wrote:

But the camera does not record any movement locally (SD card), or in the cloud. I have. a 5-camera plan and 3 individual cameras in my account. The new camera showed up under the other cameras and I was not allowed to move it into the empty slot of my 5-camera plan. (where the defective camera had been)

I first had to cancel the free secure trial period that came with the camera. Then I could move the new camera into the empty slot. But it does not record any movements.

With the subscription changes, you might not need the individual plans.  Everyone should now be on Secure or Secure Plus, which have unlimited cameras.

Can you livestream the problem camera?  If you can, are you able to make a manual recording while livestreaming?  (disable 4K local streaming if you have that set, as you can only make manual recordings at 1080p).

Onegr8dane
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ok, so I updated my subscription to the secure plus unlimited cameras plan. 
After about 10 min I tried to activate the ultra-2 camera and when I look at the individual cameras in my app I see the motion. However it does not record, or show in the cloud. My ultra-1 cameras work fine.

Onegr8dane
Apprentice
Apprentice

Update.

I swapped the two new Ultra-2 cameras and the one now outside my front door reacts to motion, turns on the light and records to the cloud. 
The other Ultra will record manually to the cloud, but will not react to motion and does not show orange light or turn on the spot. It must therefore be defective. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you checked your modes for appropriate rules for that camera? A new addition doesn't get automatically added to any mode other than Armed/Armed Away.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation