Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo Ultra 2 very short life, not really built to withstand outdoor service.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
cypress708
Guide
Guide

I am so disappointed with this system.  I wish I could go back and undo it.  This is my third Arlo system, but it will be my last.  This last system was purchased to secure a remote barn/ranch location following theft of farm machinery.  

Three of four Ultra 2's purchased between December 2022 and April 2023 are dying early.  Arlo support is very, very difficult to work with; patronizing, edging towards insulting.   I have opened multiple tickets for warranty repair/replacement. One rep will promise, then another will rescind.  Arlo replaced one ( 1 ) of the Ultra 2's after promising two replace two. 

Camera A: the microphone is blown-out, night vision resolution appears in 10 chunky rows, eats batteries.

Camera B: motion detection is dead or dying, will not capture the frequent, slow ambling of an octogenarian through FOV.

Camera C: magnetic charger is dead - will not charge with plug in source; will not charge with Arlo or Wasserstein solar panels.  

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @cypress708 

Do you have the case number regarding this?

Thanks 

cypress708
Guide
Guide

ShayneS, why do you ask?  Are you an Arlo employee?  The case # was 43690177, for what it was worth.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@cypress708 Yes, can you pm me with the S/N of the affected devices and the symptoms?

Thank you 

Shayne 

cypress708
Guide
Guide

The cameras are at a remote location approximately 100 miles away, so I could provide this info following my next trip to the location, but truthfully, I'm tired of this song and dance.  So thank you for your interest in resolving this, but no further contact is needed.  I have given up and I'm moving on.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@cypress708 

Thank you for the feedback. Please let me know if you would like further assistance and I will be happy to help. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation