Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
AshTray900
Luminary
Luminary

I have recently ordered an ultra 2 set with 2 cameras and a base and have a few questions.

1. I think it has been clarified to me that old Arlo 4030 cameras will connect to the new base. How should I proceed setup? Delete each camera from old base, then delete base, and start from scratch re-pairing all cameras like they were new ones. Or is it just best to run both bases?

2. Will the ultra 2 cams mount to my existing tripod style permanent mounts, I am fond of these as they drop down from a top ceiling mount well.

3. does the new base station that is supplied with the ultra 2 set have the ability to view clips older than a month via internal storage through the app? I think on these new models it’s a micro sd slot?

4. the ultra 2 cameras appear to have a watertight charging port, is that true?

5. is their going to be any issue with having the power bricks plugged into a mounted power bar in the attic? I purchased the long cable set that comes with the wire a brick and plan on wiring through the roof.

6. the remaining 4030 cams I’m going to use I purchased the 30 foot cable set from Amazon, it was my only alternative for them. They had high ratings. As long as the power brick meets the voltage specs for fast charging I won’t have issues with these will I, it’s the only 30 foot 3 pack on Amazon for the pro/pro2 set so I’m thinking someone here is familiar with them. On this model should I remove the batteries to prevent overcharging or is that built into the camera and not the brick. I’m fairly certain the ultra 2 and arlo branded set will have no issues, I’m concerned with not frying the old 4030 cams

7. the plan says 2k recordings however these record in 4k, will I need to manually lower resolution to have them be able to upload or will they just convert on the fly

sorry for tons of questions, just getting ready to install some new ones and hard wire the remaining old ones I’m keeping so I never have to deal with charging

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1) Either way works fine. Try leaving the originals alone and just set up the new ones. Make a decision when you understand any issues that pop up.

2) Yes although you may have to tighten them a bit more due to the extra weight/leverage.

3)I was corrected recently about viewing local storage after 30 days. While I haven't tested it, apparently directly viewing local storage is only for the last 30 days - anything older requires ejecting the drive for viewing on a computer. I copy my videos off the drive monthly and reformat so never ran into this.

4) Yes. That's the whole point of the magnetic connection.

5) Assuming you mean the outdoor chargers, I don't see any problems with your strategy.

6) The camera/battery prevents overcharging. You actually only charge to 80% although it's displayed as 100%. Li-ion batteries have the longest life when kept between 40-80% charge.

7) You don't need to do anything if the plan is for 2k recordings. It's automatic (I assume at the servers).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AshTray900
Luminary
Luminary

just realized I should have posted in arlo ultra 2, woops, won’t let me move it

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1) Either way works fine. Try leaving the originals alone and just set up the new ones. Make a decision when you understand any issues that pop up.

2) Yes although you may have to tighten them a bit more due to the extra weight/leverage.

3)I was corrected recently about viewing local storage after 30 days. While I haven't tested it, apparently directly viewing local storage is only for the last 30 days - anything older requires ejecting the drive for viewing on a computer. I copy my videos off the drive monthly and reformat so never ran into this.

4) Yes. That's the whole point of the magnetic connection.

5) Assuming you mean the outdoor chargers, I don't see any problems with your strategy.

6) The camera/battery prevents overcharging. You actually only charge to 80% although it's displayed as 100%. Li-ion batteries have the longest life when kept between 40-80% charge.

7) You don't need to do anything if the plan is for 2k recordings. It's automatic (I assume at the servers).

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation