Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra 2 -re; need to verify 364 days of each year

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
juris335
Aspirant
Aspirant

Every day I must sign in to turn on my Arlo cameras and zI am required to get a text message from Arlo and type it in before I am verified despite having a trusted MacBook for 6 years.  Any way to avoid this enormous amount of typing just to turn on my Arlos?  Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

juris335,

It sounds like you're referring the the two-step verification process. This feature is essential for keep your account secure and and ensuring only you can log in and view your Arlo devices. For more information on how this works, take a look here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062288/What-is-two-step-verification-and-how-do-I-set-it-up

JamesC

juris335
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, James! Arlo states

"By choosing trust below the current browser will be trusted and you won't asked to verify your identity with two step verification for 14 days. If using an incognito browser or browsing privately you Weill need to verify your identity with two step verification after each login."

My Safari has NEVER been "Trusted" yet I have never used incognito or private browsing. Arlo demands that I "VERIFY" everytime -which I estimate to be 2 times per day x 10 years = about 7,300+ verifications using my arthritic hands and poor eyesight.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@juris335 wrote:

My Safari has NEVER been "Trusted"

Check if the security settings for Safari are saving cookies (not deleting them when you exit the browser).  Internet security software could also be interfering, but that likely would affect other browsers.

If you power down the Mac every night and reboot it the next morning, then try leaving it on, and see if that changes anything.

juris335
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, Stephen - I do not have any internet security software and I checked my Safari security settings and the box is not checked which allows saving all cookies when I exit the browser.  I'd be happy if, that if I go with Trusted Browser I will get 14 days of "Trust"  I have never even gotten that.  Regards.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@juris335 wrote:

I checked my Safari security settings and the box is not checked which allows saving all cookies when I exit the browser.

Try letting the cookies to be saved, and see if that solves the trust problem.

juris335
Aspirant
Aspirant

Stephen - Thank you so much for your superb effort to help me.  My Safari has always been set, and is currently set, to allow all cookies to be saved when I sign out.  Regards.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@juris335 wrote:

My Safari has always been set, and is currently set, to allow all cookies to be saved when I sign out. 

Ok - I misunderstood your previous post.

Maybe try Chrome (just using it for my.arlo.com) and see if you get different results.

juris335
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your help! Chrome and Firefox act just like Safari. I am required to prove my sign in trusted status every time.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any chance settings are such that cookies aren't saved?

juris335
Aspirant
Aspirant

Screenshot 2023-05-07 at 4.59.44 PM.png

 Here is a screen shot.  Maybe I don't understand correctly.  Thanks.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@juris335 wrote:

 Here is a screen shot.  

Try unchecking "prevent cross-site tracking" and see if that makes any difference.  It might be possible to do that just for my.arlo.com (not sure, as I am not a Mac owner).

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation