Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra 2 camera won't connect tot the base station

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
KRaey
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yesterday, 2 of my 3 camera's that were connected to the base station needed battery charge. Due to my late intervention, the camera's shut down. No issue.. I recharged them and assumed they would connect again to the bases station. Unfortunately, none of them did. The base station kept on blinking orange/amber. I took both non-working devices and put them next to the base station and they connected for 1 minute. then, they lost connection again and again and again.. I have reset just about everything that can be reset. I even reinstalled from scratch. and now the base station works fine, latest firmware.. the first 2 camera's connected as they were 'new'. The 3th one.. no way to connect it for more than 1 minute. It connects.. few seconds later, it makes 'noice' as it detects something and then shuts down. "Connection loss"... After checking the wifi broadcasts.. I  see 2 arlo SSID's?? Why? As I have 1 base station and 3 camera's; I should only have 1. How to remove the 2nd SSID and What to do in order to install the 3the camera? I tried the spot where the camera used to work for months.. no connection after a minute. I tried the spot just next to the base station.. no connection after a minute. So the first minute, top! I can use it, apply settings .. but then for no reason it disconnects again. While connection the 3th camera.. it also triggers the activation of all camera's like I'm not at home.. every time I have to deactivate (press home button on the app). 5 seconds later.. the 3th camera lost connection again. As last question .. The other camera that needed recharge works like a charm but the icon to show signal strength does not work in the app. How to make sure the signal strength is displayed again? thx in advance for your replies.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KRaey wrote:

I  see 2 arlo SSID's?? Why? As I have 1 base station and 3 camera's; I should only have 1. 

Actually a VMB5000 is dual-band (2.4 ghz, and 5 ghz), so you will see two Arlo SSIDs with that base.

@KRaey wrote:

The 3th one.. no way to connect it for more than 1 minute. It connects.. few seconds later, it makes 'noice' as it detects something and then shuts down. "Connection loss"...  So the first minute, top! I can use it, apply settings .. but then for no reason it disconnects again. While connection the 3th camera.. it also triggers the activation of all camera's like I'm not at home.. every time I have to deactivate (press home button on the app). 5 seconds later.. the 3th camera lost connection again.

Maybe try removing this camera from the account, and making sure it is fully charged.  Then do a factory reset (holding down sync until the camera LED flashes amber), and try to onboard the camera again.  I suggest using my.arlo.com on a PC, as that sometimes works when the app fails.

Don't place the camera too close to the base - a couple feet away is fine, but if it is very close to the base (or router), the base (or router) radio might be strong enough to overload the camera's receiver.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KRaey wrote:

I  see 2 arlo SSID's?? Why? As I have 1 base station and 3 camera's; I should only have 1. 

Actually a VMB5000 is dual-band (2.4 ghz, and 5 ghz), so you will see two Arlo SSIDs with that base.

@KRaey wrote:

The 3th one.. no way to connect it for more than 1 minute. It connects.. few seconds later, it makes 'noice' as it detects something and then shuts down. "Connection loss"...  So the first minute, top! I can use it, apply settings .. but then for no reason it disconnects again. While connection the 3th camera.. it also triggers the activation of all camera's like I'm not at home.. every time I have to deactivate (press home button on the app). 5 seconds later.. the 3th camera lost connection again.

Maybe try removing this camera from the account, and making sure it is fully charged.  Then do a factory reset (holding down sync until the camera LED flashes amber), and try to onboard the camera again.  I suggest using my.arlo.com on a PC, as that sometimes works when the app fails.

Don't place the camera too close to the base - a couple feet away is fine, but if it is very close to the base (or router), the base (or router) radio might be strong enough to overload the camera's receiver.

KRaey
Aspirant
Aspirant

thx for the feedback on the SSID's. I'll retry the factory reset of the camera. 

Mtraver
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem and the factory reset has not worked for either camera. Have you had any luck? 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation