Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra 2 camera registers a video every 2 minutes

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
KenTheMan
Follower
Follower

Imstalled Ultra 2 cameras today, and they keep sending short videos every 2 minutes.

Need help with changing settings.

And, how do I get rid of all those videos accumulating?

Kenneth Lundkvist

Uppsala

Sweden

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KenTheMan wrote:

Imstalled Ultra 2 cameras today, and they keep sending short videos every 2 minutes.

Need help with changing settings.

It could be that the motion sensitivity needs to be reduced.  

There is some information here on how to adjust the sensitivity:

The idea is to use the motion detection test to find the lowest threshold that detects you reliably.  Then set the real threshold in the camera rules to that value (or perhaps slightly above that).

Another thing you can try is to adjust the field of view, to reduce the amount of unwanted motion.

If you also have audio detection enabled, I recommend disabling it.  Street traffic and wind noise often creates a lot of unnecessary detections.

FWIW, activity zones can reduce the amount of unwanted recording and notifications.  But they don't help battery life, and if you are getting recordings every couple of minutes then the battery won't last long.  So I suggest resolving the underlying detection problem before you try adding an activity zone.

@KenTheMan wrote:

And, how do I get rid of all those videos accumulating?

You can delete them bo going to the "Feed" page and then pressing on the three dots on the top right.  Then choose "manage events".  Select the small circle on the current date, and then you can delete all the vidoes that were stored today.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation