Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra 2 base DC tip spec

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Aspirant
Aspirant

I need to get an extension on the DC tip side of the power line going into the Arlo Ultra 2 base.  No one at the company seems to know the spec of the DC tip so I could buy a corresponding extension.  Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure why you would need to extend that tip - it should be plenty sufficient in length as long as nothing is damaged on either side. While I don't have specs for it, it should be a standard size that you could measure with a metric ruler or something like a vernier caliper.

Aspirant
Aspirant

There is a good reason to extend on the dc side - I need to route the wire via a plastic conduit from the cabinet with power supply and network gear is to the hub location.  Otherwise it looks very unsightly.  Not sure why is it such a high end secret for Arlo to disclose it so we could get proper extensions, I can't be the only person who needs something like that.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's an interesting twist. I would simply take the power supply to an electronics store and test fit. I don't think there's anything specific to Arlo about this - there's no need. 

However, I would also question the utility since the length of the wiring as well as the extra connection may cause the voltage (and current capability) to drop due to the extra resistance in the wiring extension. The outdoor power supply for these cameras use 25 feet of wiring and also jack the output voltage from 5v to 9v to compensate.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation